Drum Lessons in Fleet Hampshire with Stu Smith
Due to the virus, I am unfortunately only offering online lessons. I have an excellent home setup to offer engaging and fun online lessons. To find out more please see this page.
What I offer
Are you looking for drum lessons in Fleet Hampshire? I’m Stu a experienced and friendly drum teacher based in Church Crookham offering drum kit tuition for any ability.
I offer 1-1 lessons to students aged 7 or older from Fleet, Farnham, Farnborough Aldershot and surrounding areas
Lessons take place at my drum studio in Church Crookham which is equipped with a top of the range Roland electric drum kit.
Lessons are tailored to each student’s requirements. If you are a complete beginner I have a step by step course guiding you through the basics of drumming. Build your rhythmic vocabulary and be able to play songs you enjoy.
If you are returning to drumming I can give your playing a complete tune-up working on technique, coordination, timing, tone and feel. I will also provide you with an arsenal of new groove and fill ideas as well as learning your favourite songs.
Advanced students can work on more complex ideas, incorporating different styles as well as advice on how to be a professional musician.
I believe that learning drums should be fun. Practice should be something you really want to do, and very much enjoy, so I view it as a large part of my job as a teacher to make sure that this is the case, and that you are suitably inspired to want to improve and learn at a rate that is comfortable for you.
Learning the drums is all about striking the right balance between various elements:
- Learning important techniques and fundamental playing skills
- Learning the “vocabulary” of drumming, like beats and fills
- Learning songs and playing to music
Why choose me as your drum teacher?
- I’ve taught drums since 2006 and have a good understanding of how to get the best out of every student.
- I have a great fun beginners curriculum that gets you playing the drums quickly.
- I’ve studied with some of the UK’s top drummers including Pete Riley, Mike Sturgis, Craig Blundell and Pete Cater. I also have a degree in contemporary music performance from the ACM in Guildford.
- I play drums actively in a number of different bands and I think it’s important to bring real-world experience to lessons.
- I have a lot of experience teaching in schools and colleges as well as adult students.
- I offer all students the option to take Rockschool or Trinity grades these are great fun and a real achievement. Grade 6 and above are worth UCAS points for University.
- I have an up to date Enhanced DBS check and can provide references from other parents.
- I want all my students to enjoy playing the drums and feel motivated to practice and improve their skills.
The drum studio is located at my home near Redfields garden center with easy on road parking at any time. Lessons take place on a Roland TD30K drum kit which is amplified by Presonus monitors. The studio has WiFi and tea and coffee is available. I have a large amount of my own teaching material and a library of drum books and DVDs which I lend out to regular students.
I offer a free 30min trial lesson to all new students to make sure I’m the right teacher for you. Just get email me and mention the free lesson website offer and we can book in your first session no strings attached. email@example.com
60 min Lesson £32
45 min Lesson £26
30 min Lesson £20
Lesson prices included a folder and printed lesson material.
I’m available for lessons 7 days a week after 4 pm Monday to Friday and by appointment on the weekend.
I’m currently only available for lessons at my home studio
Please get in touch for further details.
Or contact me via our facebook page